Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Cream of Crab Soup

I found this recipe on the New York Times website and made a few changes to perfect it to my liking.  I added more Old Bay, substituted light cream for the originally called for half and half, and sprinkled in some parsley flakes. Hope you find it to your liking.

Ingredients:

1 medium onion, minced (I used a red one)
3 Tbsps butter
3 Tbsps flour
1 pint clam juice
1 to 1.5 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
Ground pepper & salt (I didn't use salt--it didn't need it)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 pint light cream
1 pound crab meat
Parsley flakes--as much as you want

Method:

1. Saute onion in butter until soft.
2. Stir in flour and gradually whisk in clam juice.
3. Add Old Bay, S&P, wine, and light cream.
4. Simmer about 15 mins until soup gets thick.
5. Add crab meat and heat through--don't boil.
6. Serve with bread smeared with Kerrygold butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment